Friday, July 8, 2011

Now I have to tell you a story, as you are seeing the beginnings of things, and later, hopefully, the fruition of some sort of vision.  A friend and co-worker has retired.  I stopped by to wish him fairwell, and let him know how much he will be missed.  Our conversations digressed, as they did when we had the chance to linger over conversation.   It turned towards activities done for pure person fulfillment.  He has his plans, and I shared my desire to learn to make slump and hump pottery, when someday I find a kiln.  He turned to me slowly, asked if I ever pray about these things, and then smiling, said he had a kiln he'd like to give me.  Wow.  That's all I can say.  I have a kiln, and a promise to make him something some day. Yeah....now to learn how to use that kiln.

No comments:

Post a Comment