Saturday, January 19, 2013

New Year-New Beginnings

With the advent of this new year, 2013, I am looking ahead with hope, excitement, and ambition.  In my humble opinion reflecting on where you have been gives purpose and appreciation for what is ahead. So..here goes nothing...

As stated in my first attempt at this blog, I have this real creative spirit that needs an outlet.  I buy, rethink, recreate, and sell all kinds of home decor items. I LOVE to find bargains, to shop garage sales, to go to thrift shops and sit at auctions all day long. It is the proverbial treasure hunt every single time.  I really never know what will inspire me and really, that is what makes it so much fun.

I take classes. Being a school counselor is my "full time gig" and I have been at it for 19 years.  At this point in my life I'm kind of ready for a change.  Not out of education change.  Just a new perspective. I thought library science could provide that.  After finishing a class this spring and one more over the summer, I'll add an endorsement to my teaching certificate which will hopefully offer some options some day in the future.

I like to keep reinventing myself though.  I guess I get bored with me... maybe.  I have to change it up.  I have a new most important goal I am posting here in my blog so that I hold myself accountable with it and so that you will hold me accountable too.  I am in a "get healthy, and get back to a healthy weight" quest.  I have lost weight successfully before and did really well, but lately, everything I have tried has left me without motivation and inspiration.

I am trying to focus on a couple of new things in terms of getting healthy.  First, I am exercising.  My goal is to get in 5 days a week.  Hopefully there are weeks I hit 7, and very few where I go under 4 days.  I am working out with a friend, I am going to a local gym, and I have joined a boot camp.  If those three things don't give me my 5 days, I am not trying.

Second, I am eating differently.  I have lost 12 pounds since after Thanksgiving, and I plan to keep that momentum going.  I am eating clean.  That means I am eating as close to the source as I can, trying to avoid all kinds of sugars (except those in whole fruit), processed foods, and additives while  eating lots and lots of vegetables.

This is the reinvention of my blog space, and really the true beginning of it.  This is the reinvention of me too I hope.  So I decided, as when I first started this blog, that it would be a personal quest to document where I am and where I am going.  I didn't do it very successfully the first time.  But we all deserve new beginnings right?

Weight loss, good recipes, decorating accomplishments, shopping coups, and just living life in general..that's what you are in for.  So, once again, I invite you to join me in celebrating life, here at the Gathering Room.


No comments:

Post a Comment