Friday, August 28, 2015

Savvy Non-Shopper

Over the years I have become a bit of a recluse.  I don't like going shopping at Christmas time with the crowds and commercialization.  I don't like being in crowds period.  I enjoy peace and quiet and serene environments.  This interesting phenomenon with me is going to probably turn into a couple of posts, because it affects all areas of  my life.  But today, I am focused on non-shopping.  I like nice things, and I like to shop as long as it is not when I am in a hurry (which never happens) and when there aren't crowds.  I do not, however, like taking the time to try on clothes, or wander around malls aimlessly.  So sites like Amazon, Zulily, Joss and Main, Wayfair, all intrigue me like  nobody's business.  Try the World, which is the little cultural food box I wrote about last time, was one of those great discoveries that is a gift in the mail every other month, and the subscription service idea harkens back to the days of the music clubs or book clubs when those items arrived monthly after you had made a selection.  

Yesterday, at work, one of my friends had on an adorable outfit and I asked her where she was shopping.  She said with a grin, "Stitch Fix".  By the look on my face, she knew I had no idea what she was talking about, so she told me about this fun, personal stylist subscription service to a clothing company that styles you and sends out five items at scheduled times.  You can try them on and keep them or return unwanted items for free.  Because, as you already know, I love the idea of the surprise in the mail, and because it seems I am to busy to get anywhere and shop for things I like, this sounded like a great idea.  

I got online last night, filled out my profile and a special event coming up.  And am anxiously awaiting my September 24th delivery.  I think it will be like Christmas once a month, and who can beat that?  Pictures will be forthcoming!  


No comments:

Post a Comment